Freeburg School was located south of Freeburg on Beechwood Avenue. On April 14, 1848 the directors of school district #7 leased a 40 x 50 lot and the house thereon for 50 cents from George Risely. The directors were Edward Marsh and Daniel Miller. The lease stipulated the building had to be used for educational purposes. Twenty years later on April 6, 1868 the Board of Education bought part of the NE qtr. Sec 33 Twp 8 Range 6 (the same leased land) from George Risely for $75.00. The brick 1 room school was used until 1950 when the new consolidated school was opened. It was sold to the Stark County Commissioners for $3,025. The building and land was used for the county road crew until 1978 when it burnt. Unable to be used any longer the building was completely demolished and removed.