Motz School was located on Oakhill Avenue approximately ¾ mile south of St. Rt. 62. It was a one room school. The story was told that they wanted to be called Mt. Pleasant however there was already a school by that name but a souvenir booklet from 1915-16 had it being called Mt. Pleasant. The students were from the Maximo area and not close to the Mt. Pleasant School on Union Ave.
The school closed in the 1930’s and is now a private home.