Mt. Pleasant School was located on Union Avenue south of Alliance. The one room brick school house was on land purchased from D. Bowman in 1873 for $100.00. It like all the other township schools were closed and sold at auction in 1950. The selling price was $2300.00. It eventually housed a church and then reverted to a private home. The owner has fully restored the building which was built in 1874.
The bricks on the inside had been plastered and the original oak floor had been covered with plywood.
Under the dropped ceiling the original bead board was found. All the "add ons" were removed and the original school reappeared.
Top – Code: G-07-232
Bottom – Code: G-08-336