Scenery Hall was located on the now named Lynhaven Avenue ¼ mile north of St. Rt. #153.
The land was purchased in 1882 from Jacob Herbster for $64.00.
The school closed in 1947 and became a rest home. Many additions have been added to it but one corner of the original school can still be seen. The home is called Oakhill Manor as Lynhaven is a contiguous part of Oakhill Avenue going south out of Maximo.
The pictures show activities outside regardless of weather.
In 1942 the school held a scrap drive to aid in the World War II effort. Note that bicycles were even sacrificed.
Codes: G-08-296, G-08-197, G-08-193